Certified Community Behavioral Health Clinic
Seven Counties Services is a Certified Community Behavioral Health Clinic (CCBHC)
What is a Certified Community Behavioral Health Clinic?
The CCBHC program was created by the Excellence in Mental Health Act, which was signed into law in 2014 with the purpose of improving access to and quality of mental health and substance use services in the United States. CCBHCs are community-based clinics that provide a comprehensive range of mental health and substance use services. These clinics must meet certain requirements and standards in order to become certified, including providing 24/7 crisis care, providing care regardless of ability to pay, and coordinating care with other healthcare providers.
Our Certified Community Behavioral Health Clinic (CCBHC) status allows us to serve individuals with behavioral health needs regardless of their place of residence or insurance status. Seven Counties Services proudly provides individualized outpatient treatment for individuals and families in need of mental health and substance use services. We are dedicated to providing ease of access, stabilization for those in crisis, trauma-informed treatment, and services emphasizing recovery and wellness. The journey for everyone is different, but our passion is to be with you every step of the way!
What can our Certified Community Behavioral Health Clinic do for you?
We Increase Access to Care
- Appointments by Phone, Online Requests, and Walk-In Options
- 24/7 Crisis Line & Crisis Services
- Telehealth Options Available
We Provide Individualized Services Specific to Your Needs
- Crisis mental health services, including 24-hour mobile crisis teams, emergency crisis intervention services, and crisis stabilization
- Screening, assessment, and diagnosis, including risk assessment
- Patient-centered treatment planning or similar processes, including risk assessment and crisis planning
- Outpatient mental health and substance use services
- Outpatient clinic primary care screening and monitoring of key health indicators and health risk
- Targeted case management
- Psychiatric rehabilitation services (this includes community support, supported employment, or therapeutic rehabilitation)
- Peer support and counselor services and family supports
- Intensive, community-based mental health care for members of the armed forces and veterans
We Coordinate Care Through Professional Treatment Providers
- Licensed Clinicians, Prescribers, and Nurses
- Care Coordinators and Case Managers
- Community Support Specialists and Peer Support Specialists
We Provide Stress-Free Payment Options
- Medicaid and Medicare
- Commercial Insurance and Tricare
- Individuals Without Insurance (Co-Pays & Sliding Scale May Apply)
While Seven Counties Services is the Certified Community Behavioral Health Clinic serving the Kentucky counties of Jefferson, Oldham, Bullitt, Shelby, Spencer, Trimble, and Henry, it is one of many CCBHCs across the country. Together, our united approach to community behavioral health has been shown to improve access to care, reduce hospitalizations and emergency department visits, and improve overall health outcomes for individuals with mental health and substance use disorders.
CCBHCs provide several community benefits, including:
Increased Access to Care
CCBHCs provide a comprehensive range of mental health and substance use disorder services, including crisis care, which helps to increase access to care for individuals in the community who may not have otherwise received treatment.
CCBHCs coordinate care with other healthcare providers, including primary care providers, hospitals, and other community-based organizations. This helps to ensure that individuals receive the care they need, when they need it, and in the most appropriate setting.
Reduced Healthcare Costs
By providing timely and appropriate care, CCBHCs can help to reduce healthcare costs by preventing unnecessary hospitalizations and emergency department visits.
Improved Health Outcomes
CCBHCs have been shown to improve health outcomes for individuals with mental health and substance use disorders. This can help to improve the overall health of the community.
Addressing Social Determinants of Health
CCBHCs can also help to address social determinants of health, such as housing insecurity, food insecurity, and poverty, which can have a significant impact on an individual’s health and well-being.
CCBHCs provide a range of community benefits that can help to improve the health and well-being of individuals in the community.